Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Where is Everest Base Camp located?
Everest Base Camp is located in the Solukhumbu District in eastern Nepal. It is at a distance of around 160 kilometers from the capital city of Kathmandu.
2. How high can an average helicopter fly in the Himalayas?
An average turbine engineered helicopter can fly at 25,000 feet on average. This is because the helicopter’s maximum altitude depends upon the engine’s ability to work in thin air.
3. Does helicopter land at the top of the Mount Everest Summit?
No, the helicopter does not land at the top of the Mount Everest Summit. It lands at the Everest Base Camp or the Kalapathar viewpoint.
4. Why is a helicopter tour the best travelling option in Nepal?
Trekking the harsh terrains of the pristine foothills of the Himalayas is not everyone’s cup of tea. Some travellers might not be able to hike for a long duration, and some might not have a long break in their schedule. Therefore, a helicopter tour is the best travelling option in Nepal.
5. How can I book the Everest Base Camp and other helicopter tours in the Everest region?
Please go through your desired trip’s detailed itinerary and contact us through the Phone numbers provided on our website. You can also contact us through email or fill-up the form provided on our website.
6. Can we go to the top of Mount Everest by helicopter and walk down?
No, a helicopter cannot fly to the top of Mt Everest due to the thin air in the high altitude conditions. You will have to land in the Everest Base Camp or Kalapathar.
7. Why can’t the helicopter fly to Mt. Everest?
The summit of Mount Everest has a low atmosphere along with thin air that is not enough for the helicopter to take off or lift. Thus, the aircraft cannot fly to Mt. Everest.
8. Do airplanes fly above Everest?
The airplanes fly at an altitude of 28,000-35,000 ft (8000 m). The Everest Mahalangur Himalayan range is around 30000 ft, and this can cause many problems. Therefore, the aeroplanes do not fly over Everest. However, the Mt. Everest flight provides a scenic tour of Mount Everest.
9. Are children allowed during the helicopter tour in the Everest region?
Yes, you can take your children for the helicopter tour in the Everest region. But you must ensure that the children are comfortable during the helicopter ride.
10. How long is the Kathmandu to Lukla flight?
Kathmandu to Lukla is 50-55 Minutes long under perfect weather conditions.
11. How long does the Helicopter Land at Kalapatthar?
This helicopter lands for 5 to 10 minutes at Kalapatthar for sightseeing and taking pictures.
12. How long does it take for Helicopter from Lukla to Everest Base Camp / Kalapathar?
The Everest Base Camp helicopter from Lukla takes about 20 minutes to land in the Everest Base Camp/ Kalapathar
13. Do you carry oxygen during the flight?
Yes, there are oxygen facilities during the flight for emergency purposes.
14. Are pets allowed during the helicopter tour in the Everest region?
No, pets are not allowed on board during the helicopter tour in the Everest region.
15. What kind of clothes do we need on tour?
The clothes you should wear depends upon the weather in the Everest region. You will need warm clothes to protect yourself during the tour. Besides that, you should also wear thermals, and windcheaters during the helicopter tour.
Gloves, Sun Glasses, Neck Mufflers are also essential. You might want to put some cold cream on your face as well. You must check the weather forecast and climate updates before you leave for the trip.
16. Can the helicopter hold a bit longer on a special request?
The helicopter may hold for extra 2-3 minutes but not more than that. This is because it is a bit risky to hold helicopters at high altitude conditions because of low oxygen levels. Moreover, the helicopter cannot get switched off completely even while landing at the Everest Base Camp/ Kala Patthar.
17. What types of helicopter flights are available in the Everest region?
You will have two options of either a private tour or the group joining tour. If you want a private trip with friends and family, you can take the private tour and the group joining tour is ideal if you are travelling solo.
18. Can a solo traveller take the Helicopter flight?
Yes, solo travellers can take the group joining option of the helicopter flight. The group tours are available at a lower price than private tours. We can help you to find a group joining tour based on your requirements.
19. Are the pilots well trained and experienced?
Our pilots are fully professional with decades of experience in the helicopter aviation sector. Moreover, our friendly crew are well trained in hospitality management.
20. What is the impact of the helicopter flight on the local environment?
We practice eco-friendly and responsible tourism. We make sure that our helicopter flight does not hamper the pristine local environment of the region. Moreover, we promote local culture and traditional village life.
21. Does the helicopter have a pressurized Cabin?
No, we do not have pressurized cabin helicopters in Nepal.
22. Why can’t a helicopter go as high as an airplane?
Helicopters require a specific lift to fly on air. The high Himalayan conditions have low atmosphere and thin air. Therefore, a helicopter cannot go as high as aeroplanes.
23. What is the highest a chopper has gone?
Didier Delsalle touched down on the summit of Mount Everest 8,848 m (29,029 ft) on his Eurocopter AS350 Squirrel, setting a new Guinness world record.
24. Does the Everest Base Camp helicopter tour take off on scheduled time?
If the weather conditions are good, Everest Base Camp helicopter flights take-off on time. However, in adverse weather conditions, you might experience some delays or even cancellations.
25. What happens in case of any medical emergencies?
Our pilot, ground staff and other crew members are well trained in first aid facilities. Besides that, we also provide helicopter evacuation if necessary in case of any medical and other emergencies.